The LIST FIVE project
I'm a writer and need to write something every day or I get lazy. And by lazy I mean have a life. The LIST FIVE project is a way to prevent normalcy by forcing myself to sit at the computer daily (maybe) and spew five random thoughts--three good and two bad. The reason for the slightly slanted skew towards good thoughts is to remind myself I have more to be thankful for than to complain about.
Thursday, October 9, 2014
1. Organic Wine. No headache. Pure wonderfulness.
2. Fall: spectacular colors, frost on the pumpkins, that good crunchy leaf smell, good-bye Asian beetles, awesome lunar eclipse. Squash, meatloaf, and apple crisp in the oven... oh yeah.
3. Found great artwork for our bedroom.
1. Got a notice of premium increase for our health insurance. A $200/mo increase.
2. Why do insurance companies get to send us 500 pages of truly incomprehensible text to describe what they won't cover and then up our rates?
Thursday, June 5, 2014
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
1. I super love Wisconsin motorists! They still warn of lurking cops by blinking their headlights. You saved me today, whoever you are. Thank you, thank you!
2. Delta Rae. Have you heard their song If I Loved You? Well, I'm posting it. And you're welcome. :-)
3. I talked to Renee today. Anytime I talk to her it's a good thing. She's psychic but she doesn't own her powers all the way yet. She told me the dominant thought preceding my goals should be "for the good of the whole."
1. I'm not in a total "for the good of the whole" place today. I just want what I want and I want it like yesterday. Renee might have also said I was learning patience.
2.The paint store clerk helping me had a major "plumber's crack" going on.
Monday, May 19, 2014
1. Watermelon cupcakes.
Target sells the mix and frosting (like I needed another reason to love Target). They are so good. And they're fun. Go get some.
2. It's Spring. Finally! I left the bedroom window open last night and woke to the riotous good cheer of every bird on our planet. They are obviously clueless that they live in a technological black hole.
3. It's day 12,593 of marriage to my guy and I still like him. A lot.
1. Hot flashes, as in living-on-the-effing-sun hot. Enough already.
2. I'm out of wine. And ice cream. Good thing there's watermelon cupcakes.
Sunday, May 18, 2014
1. I found Houzz.com--a home design website that lets me make separate idea books for my clients. I can email them pictures, tailor the ideas to their needs, and shoot the results in an email to the carpenter who takes care of the heavy lifting. It's pure magic. I'm about to orgasm just thinking about how much time and Excedrin this site will save me.
2. Kent, my auto mechanic installed a new tie rod, swag (hunh?), and wheel bearing on my vehicle. The total bill was a lot less than I thought it would be. Kent rocks!
3. The bank counted the change we've collected in our coin bowl for the past two years--$442.06. Eep!!!!
1. I weigh ten pounds more than I should due to the frustration of living in a technological black hole.
Okay, the weight might be from a slightly serious cake addiction and maybe from some other stuff containing sugar and butter and ice cream. But if the third Tablet I've bought within a week doesn't work, I'll be adding beer to this list.
2. Yoga pants. They've allowed me to gain those extra pounds relatively pain free and nothing in my closet fits. They've evicted me from my wardrobe. Yoga pants are evil.