The LIST FIVE project

I'm a writer and need to write something every day or I get lazy. And by lazy I mean have a life. The LIST FIVE project is a way to prevent normalcy by forcing myself to sit at the computer daily (maybe) and spew five random thoughts--three good and two bad. The reason for the slightly slanted skew towards good thoughts is to remind myself I have more to be thankful for than to complain about.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

LIST FIVE - Day 1

The Good:

1. I found Houzz.com--a home design website that lets me make separate idea books for my clients. I can email them pictures, tailor the ideas to their needs, and shoot the results in an email to the carpenter who takes care of the heavy lifting. It's pure magic. I'm about to orgasm just thinking about how much time and Excedrin this site will save me.

2. Kent, my auto mechanic installed a new tie rod, swag (hunh?), and wheel bearing on my vehicle. The total bill was a lot less than I thought it would be. Kent rocks!

3. The bank counted the change we've collected in our coin bowl for the past two years--$442.06. Eep!!!!

OMG Katy


The Bad:

1. I weigh ten pounds more than I should due to the frustration of living in a technological black hole.
 Mad at the internet

Okay, the weight might be from a slightly serious cake addiction and maybe from some other stuff containing sugar and butter and ice cream. But if the third Tablet I've bought within a week doesn't work, I'll be adding beer to this list.

2. Yoga pants. They've allowed me to gain those extra pounds relatively pain free and nothing in my closet fits. They've evicted me from my wardrobe. Yoga pants are evil.




   

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Way to go, Mary M. Bauer, author extraordinaire. Great idea to do the 5 a day, though won't that take a lot of living each day...? JK. Looking forward to the book-links working soon (in right-hand margin)!

Unknown said...

Hi ! Mary
My name is Murad Hassan, I am from India. I just wanted to say that I love your book "The Truth About You". It is one of the best books I have ever read. I was able to completely change myself after reading the book. It is like all the things I ever wanted to know was there. It literally elucidated all the confusions. This is my third time reading the book and I couldn't help sending you a 'thank you' note. Thank you for writing such an amazing book and sharing your insights.